So my mom and I have been working the same waitress job for 5-6 years now. She had been waitressing years before, but this is recently. Anyway, about… 15 minutes ago this guy she waited on left and told her to take care. Just that. Prior to this she had talked to him about Italy. Her people are from Florence, this and that, and she said she’s never been. She’s got 8 years of art education and she’s working a waitress job. It’s pretty… Sad and disappointing, I guess. Her and my father divorced 6 years ago and she hasn’t had a real job ever. Just been stuck in a small town she’s not from.
This man who we have never seen before tipped her 1000 dollars for a trip to Italy. Walked out, not another word.
…you know. Just when I start to lose faith in humanity….Hm.
Kobe Bryant Embarrasses the Hornets Defense . lol!
Today’s Hump Day Hottie is…
#24 (nee #8) Kobe Bryant, on the heels of his 42-point performance! Dude’s still got it. And yes, I realize it is Thursday not Wednesday but I literally went through yesterday thinking it was Tuesday. It’s been a long couple of weeks.
- Height: 6’6
- Birthday: August 23, 1978 (34)
- Occupation: Professional basketball player
- Love Life: Rocky in the past but seemly solid now. He married Vanessa Bryant when she was just 18-years-old. Their nearly 12 year marriage has survived a nasty Colorado incident, a purple-diamond apology, and most recently a divorce-filling. Glad to see them making it work for their daughters, Natalia and Gianna.
- He is known as the “Black Mamba” for his desire to mimic the snake’s ability to strike with 99% accuracy at maximum speed, in rapid succession.
- He spent some of his childhood in Italy and speaks the language fluently. He also knows some Serbian, French and Spanish.
- He took R&B star Brandy to his senior prom.
- He was drafted by the Charlotte Hornets’ with the no. 13 overall pick in the 1996 NBA draft (the Lakers’ traded for his rights on draft day). He was the first guard to be drafted directly out of high school.
- He met Vanessa while she was serving as a backup dancer on a rap video. He was at the studio recording his own rap album. Yea, that didn’t work out so well.
- PPG - 27.6 (2012-13 season)
- Championship Rings - 5
- All-Star Selections - 14
- NBA MVP - 2007-8 season
- Points - 81 (career high)